Physiotherapy in Norwich
DabbourPhysio offers physiotherapy treatment with focus on musculoskeletal injuries as well as pelvic, obstetric and gynaecological issues. The company also offers specific preventive physiotherapy with a focus on building or rebuilding strength and conditioning.
Our treatment offers a holistic approach that involves the patient in their own care by helping them understand their problem and the steps necessary for management and rehabilitation.
Our Chartered Physiotherapists are experts in assessing and treating musculoskeletal pain and disorders, such as pain or injury in joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons, nerves and the various structures supporting your body.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy treatments typically use joint and soft tissue mobilisation, exercise advice, programme prescription, taping and biomechanical evaluation to help with these issues. Physiotherapy can use ultrasound, medical acupuncture, electrotherapy and exercise plans which are all underpinned by a medical expertise and extensive professional practice.
Common conditions that can be treated with Physiotherapy includes:
- Injuries from sports or accidents
- Lower back pain and disc injuries
- Shoulder dysfunctions
- Hip and knee dysfunctions
- Post-ortopaedic surgery rehabilitation
- Arthritic pain
- Postural problems
Strength & Conditioning Physiotherapy
Most activities cause strain on your body – particularly if done excessively, in an incorrect manner or if there already are pre-existing weaknesses or injuries. Assessing this beforehand could be helpful to prevent injuries, improve performance and ensure you can continue in the long-term. This is appropriate for men and women of all ages wishing to pre-empt future problems.
Strength and conditioning physiotherapy includes an assessment of your current strengths and weaknesses, injuries and future goals in order to create a personalised training plan. This training plan can take a number of forms; all from strength work in a gym to Yoga/Pilates based exercise or functional plyometric programmes designed for you. All created to support your aims and your sports/activities.
Using physiotherapy expertise combined with strength and conditioning training, can help you in a number of specific situations:
- If you have recurring injuries that prevent you from training or participating in activities.
- If you wish to prevent common injuries within your sport or activity.
- If you believe you have particular weaknesses such as:
- Core Strength
- Individual muscles
- Previous injuries
- You wish to start a new sport or you got an upcoming event and would like a programme to build up towards it.
- You wish to continue with your sport or activity for a very long time, even for the rest of your life, strength and conditioning coaching from a physiotherapist can help you achieve this.
Further, strength and conditioning are key aspects to keep fit and healthy more generally and can help you with:
- Living a long and healthy life.
- Improving well-being, both physically and mentally.
- Improving performance in sports, activities and daily life.
- Ensuring you can continue to undertake your sports and activities for as long as possible.