Approximately one in three women will have some form of pelvic dysfunction during their lifetime and these are especially common after childbirth. The Healthy Mummy Assessment can be helpful both in the case of straightforward and complex deliveries as in either situation the muscles of the core and of your pelvic floor are likely to be weakened.
The Healthy Mummy Assessment helps you understand how giving birth has affected your body and how you can return to fitness and full health as quickly as possible as it is often advantageous to start working with this sooner than later. This specialised check can help to avoid problems with:
- Pelvic Girdle Back Pain and other back pain
- Weakness of the pelvic floor
- Pain related to C-sections and tears
- Postnatal spinal problems
- Return to exercise and normal activity
- Weak abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
- Bladder and bowel problems
- Pelvic pain (vulvodynia, endometriosis, dysmenorrhoea, dyspareunia)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
The assessment is a one-hour postnatal appointment. The Healthy Mummy Assesment includes a check-up by a specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist, advice on being a healthy mummy as well as exercises specifically tailored for you and your weaknesses. The assessment is suitable for all mothers at all stages postnatally and is aimed to help you take care of your body now and in the future. You are also free to bring your child with you to the appointment to help with childcare arrangements.
or would like to book an appointment!