Strength and Conditioning
Strength and conditioning physiotherapy includes an assessment of your current strengths and weaknesses, injuries and future goals in order to create a personalised training plan. This training plan can take a number of forms; all from strength work in a gym to Yoga/Pilates based exercise or functional plyometric programmes designed for you. All created to support your aims and your sports/activities.
Using physiotherapy expertise combined with strength and conditioning training, can help you in a number of specific situations:
- If you have recurring injuries that prevent you from training or participating in activities.
- If you wish to prevent common injuries within your sport or activity.
- If you believe you have particular weaknesses such as:
- Core Strength
- Individual muscles
- Previous injuries
- You wish to start a new sport or you got an upcoming event and would like a programme to build up towards it.
- You wish to continue with your sport or activity for a very long time, even for the rest of your life, strength and conditioning coaching from a physiotherapist can help you achieve this.
Further, strength and conditioning are key aspects to keep fit and healthy more generally and can help you with:
- Living a long and healthy life.
- Improving well-being, both physically and mentally.
- Improving performance in sports, activities and daily life.
- Ensuring you can continue to undertake your sports and activities for as long as possible.